CIMA-CMAI (Centre for Independent Media & the Arts/Centre des Médias et Arts Independants) is a not for profit social enterprise that offers multimedia promotions, civic media training, houses an FM station and a podcast network! We are a bilingual organization that prioritizes under-represented voices and communities.
Our core values are leadership, integrity, community, diversity, culture and access. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
We have an immediate opening for a part-time Administrative Assistant who will play a critical role in the day-to-day functions of our core business operations. This position is a hybrid of in-person and remote work.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Responding to external inquiries via phone and email, including contacts with the public, board members and staff.
- Managing appointments, maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings as required.
- Making deposits at the bank, and coordinating various signatures for cheques and contracts.
- Using SAGE Accounting software to record all journal entries
- Distributing and filing correspondence.
- Issuing tax receipts, thank you letters and other donor / stakeholder stewardship activities.
- Reviewing and updating templates, lists, and various other documentation as needed.
- Supporting the administrative process for various programs and projects.
- Coordinating and copying, scanning and printing requirements
- Coordinating reports and presentations as assigned.
- Develops and maintains departmental filing systems.
- Supporting administrative requirements for Board Meetings and AGM, including preparation of the board package and taking minutes.
- Ensure all HR and administrative paperwork is appropriately filed and securely stored, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinate volunteer and student on-boarding process.
Board of Directors:
- Prepares for assigned Board meetings on a regular schedule including: confirming, preparing and distributing agendas and the compilation and distribution of required documents; identification of meeting location; logistics for meetings including expense reimbursements for members, refreshments/supplies; issuing appropriate notices; consolidation of reports from multiple staff sources and appropriate recording of proceedings.
- Ensures that items identified during meetings are tracked and brought forward, as well as monitors follow up actions as directed.
- Maintains the files and records of related meetings in keeping with approved records management practices and CIMA-CMAI policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of office and administrative procedures and practices, with high functioning literacy in Google Workspace, WordPress and SAGE accounting software
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to write clearly and creatively, and to organize written material coherently.
- Knowledge of records management principles and techniques.
Demonstrated Skills /Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities and to work under pressure while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to write clearly and grammatically and to organize written material coherently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make effective use of computer systems for word processing, records management, and other office tools such as spreadsheets and databases.
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to, the principle of confidentiality.
A candidate will have the following qualifications and experience.
- Over 2 years related experience with experience in financial/budget administration.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma from a recognized institution in Business Administration or Office Administration or a related field combined with professional experience.
- Ability to communicate fluently orally and in writing in English and French is required.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in other languages will be considered as a strong asset.
Terms and conditions
- Part time 15 hours/week, hybrid on site/remote
- $30/hour with a comprehensive benefits plan
Send your resume and cover letter via e-mail to [email protected] Interviews will take place on a rolling basis as applications are submitted until the position is filled.
Please quote the job title “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line when applying.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.